The National Network contact points are the director of the International Cooperation Department and the lawyer of the International Cooperation Department of the Ministry of Justice, who also fulfil the functions of representative of the central body. The main functions of the contact points are:
- to ensure that local judicial authorities receive general information on the Community and international instruments relating to judicial cooperation in civil and commercial matters, and to provide the information necessary for the successful cooperation of judicial authorities between Member States to assist them in preparation of feasible legal authority requests for judicial assistance;
- to seek solutions to issues that may arise in connection with requests for judicial cooperation;
- to use the website of the network to help inform the general public about judicial authority cooperation in civil and commercial matters in the European Union, and relevant Community and international instruments;
- to cooperate in organising network meetings and to participate in them;
- to help prepare and update information intended for the general public;
- to ensure cooperation among network members at national level.
Depending on the topic discussed, the contact point also invites experts from other institutions to share their experiences at network meetings. For instance, such meetings and the contact point have been visited by several judges, representatives of the Ministry of Justice working in various areas of competence, notaries, certified mediators, representatives of the Maintenance Guarantee Fund, representatives of the Chamber of Bailiffs, and academic staff.
The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective EJN contact point. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. Neither the EJN nor the European Commission accept responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.