Please note that the original language version of this page German has been amended recently. The language version you are now viewing is currently being prepared by our translators.
Swipe to change

If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:
There is no official translation of the language version you are viewing.
You can access a machine translated version of this content here. Please note that it is only provided for contextual purposes. The owner of this page accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the quality of this machine translated text.

Which authority will help me send a claim to another EU country?

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

Rochusstraße 1
D - 53123

Telephone: +49 228 99527 2680
Fax: +49 228 99527 4134

Internet address:

What is the role of the points of contact?

Where this refers to the assisting authorities, they help claimants by forwarding claims to the competent decision-making authorities.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

Although there is unfortunately no provision for this in Directive 2004/80/EC, the German assisting authority often pays for translations when these are necessary.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?


Last update: 12/12/2018

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.
Member States in charge of the management of national content pages are in the process of updating some of the content on this website in the light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be addressed.


Use the form below to share your comments and feedback on our new website