Izvorna jezična inačica ove stranice hrvatski nedavno je izmijenjena. Naši prevoditelji trenutačno pripremaju jezičnu inačicu koju vidite.
Swipe to change

Victims' rights - by country

I am a victim of crime. Who do I contact for support and assistance?

Victim support helpline

The national support helpline for victims of crime and minor offences (116-006) provides emotional support, information on victim’s rights and guidance as to which bodies and organisations can provide further information, assistance and support.

The helpline is a freephone service,

available in Croatian and English, weekdays from 8.00 to 20.00.

The national support helpline for victims of crime and minor offences (116-006) is a general support service.

More information is available on: http://pzs.hr/

Other specialised civil society organisations also provide support and assistance to victims of certain crimes and to children via telephone. More information and the list of these organisations by county is available on the website of the Croatian Ministry of Justice.

List of organisations providing nationwide psychosocial and legal assistance:

116 006

National support helpline for victims of crime and minor offences

Weekdays 8.00-20.00

116 000

National missing children hotline

Centre for missing and abused children


116 111

Hrabri telefon children helpline

Weekdays 9.00-20.00

0800 0800

Hrabri telefon parents helpline

Weekdays 9.00-20.00

0800 77 99

Human trafficking emergency number

Every day, 10.00-18.00

0800 55 44

Counselling centre for women victims of violence

Zagreb women’s shelter

Weekdays 11.00-17.00

0800 655 222

Emergency number for women and children victims of violence

Ženska pomoć sada women’s helpline


0800 200 144

B.a.B.e. a free legal assistance for victims of domestic violence

Weekdays 9.00-15.00

01 6119 444

Support centre for victims of sexual violence

Ženska soba sexual rights centre

Weekdays 10.00-17.00

01 48 28 888

Psychological assistance

TESA centre for psychological assistance

Weekdays 10.00-22.00

01 48 33 888

Blue Phone

Weekdays 9.00-21.00

01 4811 320

Free legal aid

Legal Clinic of the University of Law

Weekdays 10.00-12.00, Wed and Thu 17.00-19.00

Is victim support free?


What types of support can I receive from state services or authorities?

Victim and witness support departments provide:

  1. emotional support;
  2. information on rights;
  3. technical and practical information for victims, witnesses and their family members;
  4. referrals to specialised civil society institutions and organisations depending on the needs of the victim/witness.

The victim and witness support departments of county courts provide:


Osijek County Court


Europska avenija 7, 31 000 Osijek, Croatia


031 228 500



Rijeka County Court


Žrtava fašizma 7, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia


051 355 645



Sisak County Court


Trg Ljudevita Posavskog 5, 44000 Sisak, Croatia


044 524 419



Split County Court


Gundulićeva 29a, 21000 Split, Croatia


021 387 543



Vukovar County Court


Županijska 33, 32000 Vukovar, Croatia


032 452 529



Zadar County Court


Borelli 9, 23 000 Zadar, Croatia


023 203 640



Zagreb County Court


Trg N.Š. Zrinskog 5, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia


01 4801 062

The Independent Victim and Witness Service of the Croatian Ministry of Justice provides information on rights and emotional support in addition to specific information relating to victim and witness support. Support is also provided to victims and witnesses invited to give evidence in Croatian courts through the international legal assistance mechanism, and to Croatian victims and witnesses invited to give evidence in foreign courts through said mechanism. The Independent Service sends victims and witnesses information letters with contact information, and informs them of the offender’s release from prison (automatic and conditional release). It is also responsible for determining the level of financial compensation awarded to victims of crime.

What types of support can I receive from non-governmental organisations?

Depending on the type of organisation and its remit, various types of assistance and support are available: psychological, emotional, legal, practical, accommodation, medical, security, and in-court support.

More information and the list of these organisations by county is available on the website of the Croatian Ministry of Justice.

Twelve probation offices are in the process of being established in Croatia. The purpose is to add a human dimension to the enforcement of criminal sanctions, ensure a more efficient reintegration of offenders into society, and provide victims, injured parties and their respective families with assistance.

The National Probation Service will participate in preparations to resettle offenders in the community after they have been released from prison. This includes helping them to find accommodation and work and preparing them, as well as the victim(s), injured party(ies) and their family(ies), for the offender’s release. The Service also makes arrangements for the provision of psychosocial support to victims, injured parties and the victims’ and offender’s families.

Where the offender to be released is serving a sentence for a sexual offence, an offence against life and limb or a violent offence, the Probation Service is required to inform the victim(s), injured party(ies), and their family(ies) in an appropriate manner and without delay.

The contact details of individual probation offices and the Probation Department of the Ministry of Justice are available here.

Victims of crime can contact the police by email policija@mup.hr or prevencija@mup.hr, or by dialling 192 (24/7) or +385 1 3788 111.

Last update: 04/07/2018

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.
Member States in charge of the management of national content pages are in the process of updating some of the content on this website in the light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be addressed.

Povratne informacije

Koristite se obrascem u nastavku kako biste podijelili svoje komentare i povratne informacije o našoj novoj internetskoj stranici