Este país está en proceso de transición para abandonar la UE.

Victims' rights - by country

Inglaterra y Gales

Contenido facilitado por
Inglaterra y Gales

I am a victim of crime who do I contact for support and assistance?

The Victims’ Information Service offers information about support services near you, restorative justice, the criminal justice system, and the Victims’ Code and Witness Charter. Victims’ Information Service

The Ministry of Justice (MoJ) commissions national victims’ services by grant. It also provides grants to Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs) for the local commissioning/provision of emotional and practical support services to victims of crime in accordance with section 143 of the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.

Locally funded services can be accessed via the websites of the relevant Police and Crime Commissioners. You can find the appropriate PCC here

You can find your nearest Sexual Assault Referral Centre by calling the NHS 111 non-emergency service, speaking to your General Practitioner (GP) or the Accident & Emergency (A&E) department of your local hospital, or by visiting the NHS Choices website.

Victim support hotline

The Victim Information Service includes a victim information line: +44 808 168 9293.

Is victim support free?


What types of support can I receive from state services or authorities?

The police must provide you with information about where and how to get advice or support, including access to medical support, any specialist support (such as psychological support) and alternative accommodation.

Part 7 of the Housing Act 1996 requires local housing authorities to assist individuals and families who are homeless and apply for help.

The National Health Service provides support for:

What types of support can I receive from non-governmental organisations?

Many non-government organisations and charities provide assistance, support advice, counselling and other general and specialised services to victims of crime, nationally, regionally and locally.

Last update: 21/09/2017

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.
Member States in charge of the management of national content pages are in the process of updating some of the content on this website in the light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be addressed.


Utilice el siguiente formulario para compartir sus reacciones y comentarios en nuestra nueva web